City Communications

Application for Service
City Park Rental Form
Residents and Property Owners

Please be aware of the following:

Your city water meter is read (or estimated in the winter months) at the end of every month. Your city water bill is due on the 15th of every month. If you can not pay your bill on or before the 15th of the month, your bill will be late. There is a $10.00 late fee added to your bill. If you have not paid your bill by the 25th of every month, and payment arrangements with the City Clerk have not been made, your water will be turned off. There will be a $35 fee to turn your water back on. Your complete bill (including all fees) will need to be paid in full before your water will be reinstated.


Speed limits are:        

20 MPH on the side streets in Hazelton

25 MPH on Main Street


Special permits are required 4-H animals, please contact the Planning and Zoning Department at 208-829-4033. HAZELTON CITY ORDINANCE #240.

Dogs must be confined or on a leash, and licensed with the City of Hazelton.

*Licenses must be renewed annually every January. HAZELTON CITY ORDINANCE #246.

 No parking on or across sidewalks.

 Garbage pick-up starts very early on Fridays. Please take your garbage cans back to your yard after the Friday pick-up. Please do not leave them on the street.

 IRRIGATION –for your watering days and times, please contact City Hall.


Your responsibility to the City is:

Keep your yard clean and mowed.

*The middle of the street to the middle of the alley is your responsibility also.

 Notify the Jerome County Sherriff’s Department of any violations, the NON-EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBER IS 208-324-1911.

 City Ordinances are available at City Hall anytime you would like to come in and view them.

Start a Business in Hazelton ID

Success starts here

Southern Idaho Economic Development brochure